SSL is a short form for Secure Sockets Layer. SSL certificates guarantee clients and visitors that any information (credit/debit cards, passwords) enter on your website is secure, and Encrypted while transferring.
SSL helps to earn the trust of your website visitors and transfer them into Customers.
Without SSL your website is vulnerable and there are a lot of ways for hackers to access your information.
SSL certified website URL is green and always HTTPS.
SSL is little costly and providing by different trusted digital agencies. They are certifying that our website is safe and secure to use. Most commonly e-commerce websites using SSL. Customers are entering their financial information for paying the money
Most commonly e-commerce websites are using SSL to prevent the loss of financial information are Customers are entering.
SSL certs are needed if you collect any sensitive data through forms. usually credit card/internet banking, security numbers. But these days it’s recommended even for simple profile websites.
STEPS TO Setting up SSL on website
- Host with a dedicated IP address/shared hosting is also possible
- Buy a certificate
- Activate the certificate
- Install the certificate
- Update your site to use HTTP
- Create certificate signing request (CSR) and save it in the Notepad for future use.
CSR is provided by your hosting server. For getting CSR sign in your hosting panel (
For getting CSR sign in your hosting panel (Cpanel/WHM) and use create a CSR option.
- Obtain an SSL certificate from trusted providers.
- Submit CSR to a certificate authority to process.
- The certificate authority will review your request and after following validation procedure, they will send your certificate via email.
- Now, you need to install the certificate on your desired server.
Top Most Reliable SSL Certificate Providers
Most expensive but trusted big brand in SSL security providers business.
Higher and expensive package of VeriSign is Secure Site Pro EV costs – over $1,000
They are providing features such as
- extended validation
- 256-bit encryption.
- $1.5 million warranty
- vulnerability assessment.
256-bit encryption costs from $149- $299. Expert support, 256-bit
- Expert support
- 256-bit encryption.
Comodo SSL solutions for all categories of people(home to business).
The company also offers up to 256-bit encryption and is trusted by almost all browsers.
Basic package starts from $64.95 and you can set it up in just minutes.
- Expert phone support and a $250,000 warranty.
- They are giving Extended Validation Package From $359/year
- One of the Most reputable and trusted SSL certification Company in the world,
This is the most famous and trusted SSL providers in across globe MNC’s such as Microsoft, Yahoo, AT&T, Facebook, Amazon.com, Wikipedia, NASA and Core Logic and all others using DigiCert.
- 2048 bit SSL Certificate Encryption
- Costs starting from $156/year
- Entire domain cost less than $500
Low-cost SSL certificate providers in all areas
- Lowest plan going for $149 / year
- 256-bit encryption
- Extended validation packages is less than $600
GoDaddy as the top domain registration company. they also offer
They also offer SSL certificates for a standard price.
- Basic Standard package $69.99
- Deluxe package and $89.99
- 24/7 customer support is available.
Network Solutions says to have the lowest priced SSL certificates for more than one year plan,
- Network Solutions nsProtect Secure Express price only $49.99 for a 4-year term.
- support for 256-bit encryption
- 24/7 customer support(chat, phone) is available.
- Network Solutions is a trusted company in the field of SSL providers.
Best hosting providers For SSL security
- – Trusted SSL Certificate and SSD Hosting with LiteSpeed
- Big Brand and High cost with email protector.
- – Huge customer with average server resources
Tags:SSL certificate free,SSL certificate meaning,SSL certificate GoDaddy,ssl certificate buy,SSL certificate wiki,SSL certificate cheap,SSL certificate cost,SSL certificate comp, What is an SSL Certificate